Some highlights listed below – last week I spoke with Fashion Snoops as part of their “Fireside Streams” series of discussions with “a range of characters from the zeitgeist – from macro thinkers and artists, to change makers and disruptors”.
- Influencer culture is undergoing a sea change and the influencers who succeed from here on out will be the ones who can read their audience and understand what’s aspirational in this new era.
- Brands that are targeting Millennials need to tap into and restore their optimism, bring this group-oriented generation together, and start thinking about ways that they can relieve some of their financial pressure.
- Brands that are trying to reach Gen Zs should tap into Z’s passion for activism. Zs think of brands as allies and they’d love to join together with a brand to make a difference.
- While society may be shut down, the internet is open for business. Gen Zs are flocking to TikTok with their trademark sarcasm in hand. TikTok is evolving to also be a source of news and information for Gen Zs too.
- How we spend our time and what we value will change of course e.g. similar to what happened after the Great Recession, consumer culture will go back to quiet luxury.
– Jayne Charneski
Watch the full interview here.